Wednesday 15 June 2011

Wednesday 15th June 2011

End of unit.

So the end of the unit has arrived and i'm pleased to say that I think myself and my group did very well and came up with a viable and innovative idea that we put forwards to Deluxe.
Our Formative presentation went extremely well, our Summative, I felt, went just as well - although we could have done with having someone dedicated to finances. This was our only downfall.

I haven't posted as much as I would have liked to in my blog throughout this unit as i've been freelancing outside of University. Here are some links to some interesting resources I have found throughout the course...

SECRETS OF THE SUPERBRANDS
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b011fjbp

This is a BBC3 Documentary looking into the hold that some of the main superbrands have on the world - focusing on marketing and advertising strategies, Alex Riley travels the world and discovers why the public are so enticed by these mega brands and what makes them so appealing. I enjoyed this programme as it really opened my eyes to the simplest of subliminal advertising these huge companies go to a lot of effort to create. In the case of Coca Cola - you're never that far away from an advertisment - all around the world. I'd never really looked at it this way and it was a real eye opener for me on how to almost force a product into top spot in the market.

DELUXE PLANS POST SUPER GROUP WITH DEAL FOR ASCENT UK
http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/technology/deluxe-plans-post-super-group-with-deal-for-ascent-uk/5017666.article

An article looking in to the plans of the Ascent/Deluxe merger. This was helpful when it came to research for presentations. There are several more articles openly available on the 'BROADCAST NOW' website.

Overall i'm extremely pleased with the work that my group have put into this presentation and I'm hopefull of a good grade - It seemed as though Deluxe liked our idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment